Programming your event
On Indie Author Day, several industry leaders from the world of self and independent publishing will be providing videos for libraries to share with attendees. We are working with Indie Author Day affiliates to create pinpointed content that speaks directly to concerns, issues and common questions that authors have about self-publishing.
The following videos will be available to participating IAD 2017 libraries:
- SelfPubBookCovers – The Importance Of a Professionally Designed Cover
- Pressbooks – How To Use Pressbooks To Format Your Own Book & The Costs Of Self-publishing
- Indies Unlimited – How To Put Out A Professional Book & How To Become An Indie Fantasy Author
- NaNoWriMo – What “Come Write In” Libraries Can Do For Indie Authors
- Ingram – The Importance Of Metadata
- Library Journal – How To Accrue Valuable Reviews
- Romance Writers of America – How To Produce An Indie Romance Novel
- Independent Book Publishers Association – 3 genre-based workshop videos
More videos will be announced soon! Follow @IndieAuthorDay on social media for updates, and check back in early August when all our videos and other supplemental collateral will be available on our website.
To get a head start, you may be interested in a reading a guest blog post by Shari Stauch from Where Writers Win about how pitching a book to book clubs can create buzz and extend “shelf life”. You may also be interested in this post by K.S. Brooks of Indies Unlimited who lays out how newbie authors can publish a book for less than $500 without sacrificing quality.
There’s lots to look forward to at Indie Author Day 2017!
Thank you to all the sponsors who are making Indie Author Day 2017 possible: